Basic Accounting Skills
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic understanding of accounting. This course explains how accounting transactions get posted and reported within an accounting system. This includes the preparation of financial statements from a set of transactions. The course also illustrates the application of several accounting principles such as deferred revenues, accounting for taxes, gains and losses, depreciation, inventories, and accounting for changes.
Participants will learn;
- Basic accounting concepts, computer accounting transactions, compiling the financial statements, accounting principles and control, accounting for inventories and fixed assets,
- Identify financial terminology
- Understand financial statements
- Identify how to analyze financial statements
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
For anyone who wants to learn accounting fundamentals